According to The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, “40 million Americans suffer from chronic sleep disorders, with an additional 20 million experiencing occasional sleep problems”.
Welcome to Sleep Bubble – an informative website where scientific research is broken down and transformed into digestible ‘how-tos’ for a better night’s sleep.
Allow me to assume that you’re dealing with a sleep issue. It might be insomnia, waking constantly during the night, or adjusting to working night shifts.
You face loneliness and impossibly long nights. The best you can hope for is occasional sleep. This is why you’re here, bleary-eyed and exhausted, reading this in the middle of the night seeking answers.
Funnily enough, that’s how ‘Sleep Bubble’ began.
This site started because a friend of mine could never sleep. For those who don’t know of the problems caused by sleeplessness, it can seem like nothing more than a mild inconvenience.
Yet those who know it can lead to serious health problems. These include issues like not functioning properly in modern life, relationship problems, financial strain, and job-related stress.
I hit Google with steely determination, but what did I find?
I uncovered a mix of half-truths in the place of real, solid, concrete science. On one side of the spectrum was a line-up of websites and people with something to sell.
On the other end of the spectrum was medical research – yes, it was peer-reviewed, but it was too jargon-laden and complex to pick through at the best of times (let alone in the fog of insomnia).
Sleep Bubble was born, a thriving hub of resources to answer every question about sleeplessness.
Nearly 10 years on, we have helped many sleep-deprived people improve their lives – on Pinterest and Facebook. Along with Sleep Bubble, a passion was also born – which would lead me – Founder and Editor of Sleep Bubble – to gain an Associate’s Degree in Polysomnography (called Sleep Study).
Today, our team of experts – each of whom is professionally qualified in creating scientific, fact-based content. Their musings are clear and concise.
Dr. Naheed Ali MD, PhD (Senior Editor)
Naheed Ali, MD, PhD., is a physician by education and a writer by choice since 2005.
He earned an MD degree in 2008 and later completed Harvard Medical School’s lifestyle medicine training in 2012 before obtaining a PhD in holistic health elsewhere in 2013. He’s also certified in clinical research by the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
For years, Dr. Ali taught at colleges in the U.S., lecturing on various biomedical topics and delivering over 2000 hours of live presentations. He is also the author of numerous books from major New York publishers.
They can be found on the shelves of 1000s of libraries worldwide. He brings more than 15 years of experience writing remotely and has more than 15 years of health-related publications to his credit. Now a digital nomad, he’s currently a medical journalist and copywriter for hire.
- College of Natural Health – Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) – 2013.
- Harvard University School of Medicine – Certification, Lifestyle Medicine and Nutrition – 2012.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) – Certification, Clinical Research – 2009.
- Xavier University School of Medicine – Doctor of Medicine (MD) – 2008.
- Adelphi University – Bachelor of Science (BSc) – 2005.
- Freelance writer of books, articles, grant proposals, letters, reports, social media posts, emails, ebooks, and guest posts.
- Adjunct professor.
- WebCT, iCampus, and Citrix.
- Data scientist for international scale research project.
- Assessed demographics for R & D.
- He was published as the sole author of a research journal article while still an undergrad in college: Roles Of Proteins And Omega-3/Omega-6 Fatty Acids In Cardiovascular Nutrition. At the time, he was the only person in the United States to accomplish such a feat.
- He previously published 100+ articles for the NY Times Company’s About.com (Now Verywell.com)
- He provided 2000+ hours of live PowerPoint presentations during his tenure as an adjunct clinical faculty member at various U.S. universities.
Medical Book Publications
Together, we’re driven by making a difference in the lives of the sleep-hungry and energy-poor. So that’s us. And with that, I bid you adieu. Now go forth, read, and sleep.
Louise Carter – SleepBubble Founder and Editor!